Address: 3 Saint Andrew's Road Singapore 178958
Take the MRT to City Hall MRT Station (NS25/EW13) and walk along Saint Andrew's Road towards the Padang.
Contact: (+65) 6736 6622
Daily 24 hours.
The City Hall is a national monument gazetted on 14 February 1992. Located in front of the historical Padang and adjacent to the Supreme Court, the City Hall was designed and built by the architects of the municipal government, A. Gordans and F. D. Meadows from 1926 to 1929. A flight of stairs takes visitors from the Corinthian colonnade to the main building. The building was constructed to replace several houses designed by architect G.D. Coleman. It was originally known as the Municipal Building until 1951, when Singapore was granted city status by King George VI. City Hall is where Cabinet ministers and Prime Ministers are sworn in. The City Hall, together with the adjacent Old Supreme Court Building, will be converted into the National Art Gallery of Singapore by 2013. View Fullscreen Map