Downtown: Orchard Road
Practically synonymous with shopping in Singapore, Orchard Road is Singapore's premier retail destination, a canyon of shopping malls that extends beyond sight. Each iconic mall houses an extensive selection of retail, dining and entertainment options, promising to please any taste or budget, from designer brands to fast fashion, and from posh restaurants to casual food courts.
2 Orchard Turn. +65 6238 8228.
Orchard Road's brand-new swanky and glitzy centrepiece. Towering above the streets, this striking shrine to consumerism was constructed above the Orchard MRT station, bringing together over 330 fashion and gastronomy offerings across eight levels. These range from luxury flagship stores such as Dior, Giorgio Armani, Prada and Yves Saint Laurent (mostly above-ground) to high street fashion labels such as Topshop and River Island, as well as up-and-coming boutiques and concept stores (mostly in the basement levels). Check out ION Sky, located on the 55th and 56th levels at an impressive 218 metres above ground. The breathtaking panorama sets a stunning backdrop for international runway shows, exclusive product launches as well as celebrity and themed parties.
From 31 May to 30 June:
- Enjoy discounts of up to 70% at over 120 outlets at ION Orchard.
- Be among the first 80 shoppers daily with a minimum spend of $500 ($450 for ION Rewards members) and receive a $30 shopping voucher.
- Receive a $50 voucher if you are among the first 100 shoppers weekly with a minimum spend of $1,000 ($850 for ION Rewards members).
435 Orchard Rd. +65 6235 8177.
Caters predominantly to a younger and trendier crowd, as well as the sophisticated working woman. Anchored by Japanese department store giant Isetan, this modern fashion centre specialises in midrange fashion names including Nike, bebe and Nine West. Food Junction, a food court with great views, is situated above the streets with wide windows and a diverse range of cuisines.
From 31 May to 28 July:
- Enjoy discounts of up to 70% at Wisma Atria.
- Spend a minimum of $200 in a maximum of 3 combined same-day receipts, and stand to win a 3D/2N Hotel Stay at W Sentosa Cove WOW Suite with Daily Breakfast, Drinks and Dinner for 2 in the Grand Draw
- Charge a minimum of $200 in a maximum of 3 combined same-day receipts to your Citibank card, and receive a $10 Wisma Atria gift voucher (for the first 2,000 shoppers only)
Ngee Ann City
391 Orchard Road. +65 6506 0458.
Known by locals as “Taka”, as derived from Takashimaya Shopping Centre, which anchors the building. This is a perennial favourite among Singaporeans and an Orchard Road staple, boasting both variety and style, and houses numerous luxury boutiques including Chanel, Christian Dior, Fendi, Hugo Boss, Ted Baker, and Versace. Specialty shops range from Tiffany & Co. and Shanghai Tang to the largest book-store in Southeast Asia, Kinokuniya. The mall's basement is the perfect stop for lunch, with a wide range of eateries offering diverse cuisines, including many Japanese street-food stalls.
- TSC Special (Till 16 June): Check out the wide array of exciting buys ranging from branded goods, apparel and accessiories to toys, household and interior products at discounts of up to 50%.
- Mega Luggage Fair (Till 9 June): Enjoy fabulous bargains on travel accessories, bags and luggage at the Mega Luggage Fair at Takashimaya Square.
- Toy Universe (12 to 30 June): Look out for exclusive merchandise, special buys and great bargains on children’s accessories, apparel, stationery and toys, plus special character appearances and meet-and-greet sessions for kids.
Shaw House opposite Ion Orchard
290 Orchard Road. +65 6738 5535.
True to its name, this is a true mark of exclusivity and luxury on Orchard Road. This upmarket mall is home to luxury names including Armani Exchange, Banana Republic, Bulgari, Ermenegildo Zegna, Gucci, Raoul, and Salvatore Ferragamo. Paragon has maintained a high-end personality while balancing between fashion and other lifestyle options such as furnishing, sports and fitness, health, and beauty spas.
From 31 May to 30 June:
- Charge $450 in a single receipt to your Citibank Paragon WORLD MasterCard, and receive $40 in Paragon vouchers.
- For Citibank Paragon Platinum MasterCard and other Citibank credit cardmembers, charge $450 in a single receipt and receive $30 in Paragon vouchers.
313 Orchard Road. +65 6496 9313.
This distinctive mid-market retail destination presents fashion, food and lifestyle options across 8 levels, just above Somerset MRT Station. Home to the multiple-storied flagship stores of the international fashion scene – an impressive 4-level Forever 21 flagship store, a 3-level Zara store, and a Uniqlo store deemed to be the largest in the region. Beyond these, there is an exceptional range of global and local brands including Levis and New Look. There is a themed Discovery Walk dining precinct, a one-stop Food Hall for takeaways, and the largest Food Republic.
- Shop-a-Surprise Promotion (31 May to 30 June): Get an e-stamp3 via SMS for every $80* you spend ($50* for CLUB313 members).
- 3 e-stamps: Receive a $10 x 313 voucher (valid at all 313 basement stores)
- 6 e-stamps: Receive $30 x 313 voucher shopping vouchers + one chance to win 313 vouchers worth a whopping $1,000 in the lucky draw! CLUB313 members receive double chances.
Other malls participating along Orchard Road: Forum The Shopping Mall and The Centrepoint.
Downtown: Marina Bay
6 Raffles Boulevard. +65 6339 8787.
Another massive complex of 300 specialty shops, offering a myriad of choices for the casual and working fashionista, including high street fashion boutiques such as Espirit, Mango, Dorothy Perkins, Miss Selfridge and Lacoste. Pop in to the Japanese lifestyle store MUJI, or the John Little department store. The mall houses a Food Loft, numerous casual eateries and restaurants, which present a great variety of dinner options in cuisines from around the world, catering to any and every taste.
- From 31 May to 28 July, enjoy discounts of up to 70%, and treat yourself to fabulous deals and offers at Marina Square. What’s more, receive gifts with purchase and stand to win attractive prizes! Plus, enjoy a host of activities and more good buys at the atrium.
3 Temasek Boulevard. +65 6825 2669.
Once the largest shopping complex in Singapore, with over 360 outlets including Gap, M)phosis, and La Senza, Suntec is divided into four zones. The Galleria offers high-end international labels, the Tropics emphasises lifestyle merchandise and services and the Entertainment Centre holds a 5-theatre cineplex, a fitness centre, a gaming arcade, as well as a Carrefour hypermarket. The crowning jewel of the mall is the Fountain of Wealth, the largest fountain in the world, located within the dining area of the Fountain Terrace. Visitors walk around the central base of the Fountain three times, touching the water throughout, in hopes of attaining good luck.
- From 31 May to 30 June, spend a minimum of $120 and redeem a $10 Suntec City Mall Shopping Voucher, while stocks last. Plus, redeem 2 hours of free parking on weekends. Terms and conditions apply.
The Fountain of Wealth at Suntec City
The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands
10 Bayfront Avenue. +65 6688 8868.
An eye-catching, modern shopping mecca that is Singapore's first large-scale luxury shopping destination. Complemented by a contemporary, open design and breathtaking views of Singapore's city skyline, The Shoppes include Bottega Veneta, Burberry, Cartier, Chopard, Escada, Hermes, Miu Miu, and Ralph Lauren. Along the waterfront, Louis Vuitton's flagship boutique is enshrined in a standalone glass-and-steel Crystal Pavilion that appears to float on the water.
- Mallwide Sale (31 May to 28 July): Enjoy late night shopping daily, plus fabulous steals and deals of up to 70% off at over 100 stores! What’s more, stand to win up to $300,000 when you indulge in retail therapy at The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands from 31 May to 28 July.
200 Victoria Street. +65 6557 6557.
This is Singapore's first air-conditioned, sky-lit shopping arcade, and is extremely popular with teenagers. Built around quaint and historic restored shophouses, Bugis Junction is a charming showcase of how old-world sensibilities are tastefully and artfully integrated into the modern city.
Corner of Victoria Street and Rochor Road.
Crossing Victoria Street into Bugis Village, one enters a spectacular clash of old and new. Set amidst restored shophouses, the street bazaar is Singaporean shopping at its most hyperactive. Always buzzing with activity, this is widely considered the cheapest, if not the best, place to buy T-shirts for family back home, and is justifiably popular with youth for its streetwear and locally-designed T- shirts. Beyond the souvenirs and knick knacks, Bugis Village offers local delicacies and fruits like the durian.
1 Harbourfront Walk. +65 6377 6860.
VivoCity is Singapore's largest retail and lifestyle destination. Inspired by the waves of its harbour-front location, VivoCity stands out from other shopping malls with its wide, open spaces that are perfect for relaxation and entertainment by the waterfront. The expansive complex houses over 300 retail options from luxury and high street names such as Ted Baker, Topshop, Forever 21, and Zara, to family stores and speciality shops such as Toys “R” Us and Singapore's only National Geographic Store.
- The Great Singapore Sale Lucky Draw (31 May to 28 July): Spend a minimum of $30 in a single receipt and stand to win attractive prizes from Star Cruise and SK Jewellery.
- Gift-with-Purchase (3 June to 26 July): Redeem a gift or voucher with a minimum spend of $150 in a maximum of 3 combined same-day receipts. Redemption is limited to the first 100 shoppers per day from Mondays to Fridays.
Other malls participating along Southern Waterfront: 100 AM, Harbourfront Centre, ARC (Alexandra Retail Centre)
Best of the Rest
6 Eu Tong Sen Street. +65 6532 9922.
1 Woodlands Square Singapore 738099. +65 6894 2237.
[email protected] Square
238 Thomson Road. +65 6358 0700.
930 Yishun Ave 2. +65 6754 2300.
10 Sinaran Drive. +65 6397 6535.
United Square Shopping Centre
101 Thomson Road. +65 6251 5885.