10. Singapore's transportation system is so efficient and convenient that getting around the city is a breeze. The quickest way from the airport into the city is via the Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) rail system. Trains leave every 4-6 minutes and the journey to City Hall Station only takes about 30 minutes.
9. For tourists, if you’re a fan of Asian metropolitan life, you’ll love Singapore. There are a number of shopping/entertainment malls nearby, such as Suntec City, Marina Square, and the Marina Bay Sands. When you're done shopping, head to the Esplanade for excellent musical and art performances.
8. Singapore is a clean city; in fact it’s so spotless that you can’t buy chewing gum, just in case the temptation to litter the streets is too great.
7. The three day event promises to be a great opportunity to take splendid photos. Set in the scenic Marina Bay area, the dazzling F1 floodlights will contrast in stunning fashion with Singapore's night skyline.
6. Clubs in Singapore will celebrate the event with parties graced by the top local and international DJs.
5. The Grand Prix is located right in the middle of town, where the circuit is surrounded by numerous shops, restaurants, and cafes.
4. You can keep up to speed with all the action throughout the weekend by hiring a FanVision handset at the circuit, which offers access to several channels of live video, audio and data content.
3. Much of what is on offer is only available to ticketholders within the circuit park, as a way of Formula One thanking its customers. You'll be able to get exclusive Grand Prix souvenirs for friends and family.
2. Hollywood's top artistes come to town to entertain the crowd at concerts in the Padang everyday. In 2012, don't miss the headline acts of Maroon 5, Jay Chou, and Katy Perry!
1. The world's only night race is a once in a lifetime experience you can get nowhere else. The race is floodlit, and the bright lights of the city’s financial centre in the background give the race a unique atmosphere. Definitely an item on the bucket list that you should fulfill as soon as possible!
Top 10 Reasons to Go Formula One Singapore